Apply for an open position
Troll is a visual effects house based in Finland, known for producing high quality content for feature films, TV series and commercials. We are committed to delivering our clients the best possible quality and coming up with solutions to seemingly impossible tasks.
We offer a chance to work on world-class projects in a friendly, fun and creative work environment. We have offices in two cities: Helsinki and Tampere. Come join us in Finland and enjoy the cleanest air, the best education, unmatched freedom and the happiest people. You name it, we got it!
Now is your chance to join the epic team behind the cult movies Iron Sky and Star Wreck. We are looking for new talent to join us!
SENIOR HOUDINI 3D GENERALIST
We are looking for an epic 3D artist to join our team. Relocation to Tampere, Finland is required. We’re happy to provide whatever assistance you might need.
- Efficiently create and render exceptionally realistic 3D and FX elements under the direction of the VFX Supervisor and Art Director
- Final Houdini 3D scene assembly and output, including Digital Asset creation, setting up lighting and rendering final outputs on our render farm
- Working closely with Animators and Compositors to ensure your renders will work smoothly within pipeline
- Ability to work on animation as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives
- Pipeline development for Houdini
- Extensive Houdini experience (5+ years) creating realistic effects and animation for feature films
- Ability to produce photoreal work using Mantra, Arnold and/or V-ray
- Experience in shading, lighting and rendering
- A strong eye for composition, light, and color
- Prior experience creating photo-real FX elements for a feature film
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to think on your feet
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with fluid dynamics and destruction VFX
- Experience with Maya / V-ray
- Experience in Unreal Engine
If you feel like you have what it takes, send us an application at email@example.com with the subject line “Houdini generalist”.